Re: slurpd question with GSSAPI

--On Thursday, August 26, 2004 9:07 PM +0000 "Derek T. Yarnell" <derek@cs.umd.edu> wrote:

Sorry I ran into another problem with ACL's now, but from the debuging  I
can't tell why,

=> bdb_dn2id( "cn=testgroup2,ou=groups,dc=csic,dc=umd,dc=edu" )
<= bdb_dn2id: get failed: DB_NOTFOUND: No matching key/data pair found
=> access_allowed: write access to "ou=groups,dc=csic,dc=umd,dc=edu"
"children" requested
=> acl_get: [2] attr children
=> acl_mask: access to entry "ou=groups,dc=csic,dc=umd,dc=edu", attr
"children" requested
=> acl_mask: to all values by "uid=host/torch.cs.umd.edu@csic.umd.edu,
cn=cs.umd.edu,cn=gssapi,cn=auth", (=n)
<= check a_dn_pat: uid=host/torch.cs.umd.edu@cs.umd.edu,cn=cs.umd.edu,
<= check a_dn_pat: uid=host/torch.cs.umd.edu@csic.umd.edu,cn=cs.umd.
<= acl_mask: [2] applying +0 (stop)
<= acl_mask: [2] mask: =n
=> access_allowed: write access denied by =n
bdb_add: no write access to parent
send_ldap_result: conn=1 op=4 p=3
send_ldap_response: msgid=5 tag=105 err=50

it gives the right id, but then seems to not match either of the write

sasl-regexp     uid=(.*)@CSIC.UMD.EDU,cn=CS.UMD.EDU,cn=GSSAPI,cn=auth
sasl-regexp     uid=(.*)@CS.UMD.EDU,cn=CS.UMD.EDU,cn=GSSAPI,cn=auth
sasl-regexp     uid=(.*),cn=CS.UMD.EDU,cn=GSSAPI,cn=auth
sasl-regexp     uid=(.*),cn=CSIC.UMD.EDU,cn=GSSAPI,cn=auth

Just a note, but aren't all incoming connections going to match one of the first two sasl-regexp's?

sasl-realm      CS.UMD.EDU
sasl-host       ripper.cs.umd.edu

access to attrs=userPassword
        by * auth

access to *
        by dn="uid=host/torch.cs.umd.edu@CS.UMD.EDU,cn=cs.umd.edu,
        by dn="uid=host/torch.cs.umd.edu@CSIC.UMD.EDU,cn=cs.umd.edu,
        by * read

In your initial email to me, I see a space at:

"cn=cs.umd.edu, cn=gssapi,cn=auth"

Is that just how the emailer wrote it, or does that space actually exist in your ACL?

I didn't see it say the DN was converted to "nothing", which is what I would expect if you are not really mapping these into DN's.

Quanah Gibson-Mount
Principal Software Developer
ITSS/Shared Services
Stanford University