Re: deferring operation: awaiting write

--On Tuesday, August 24, 2004 8:53 AM -0400 John Borwick <borwicjh@wfu.edu> wrote:

Hello.  Has anyone seen a syslog message like "deferring operation:
awaiting write", especially right before the server crashes?

I see this message on our *secondary*, which should send referrals to
people who try to write.  Is it reasonable to assume the only process
that could be writing is slurpd on our primary?

We're running 2.2.13 w/ bdb 4.2.52 (patches applied).  You can see our
spec files at http://www.wfu.edu/~borwicjh/spec/ .

Thanks!

I would be more interested to know what your DB_CONFIG file has in it. And your slapd.conf on the replica. :)

--Quanah

-- Quanah Gibson-Mount Principal Software Developer ITSS/Shared Services Stanford University GnuPG Public Key: http://www.stanford.edu/~quanah/pgp.html