Re: use several versions of slapd on the same machine

man, 23.08.2004 kl. 17.47 skrev François Beretti:

> For some reasons I want to use two versions of OpenLDAP' slapd, with two
> configuration files, two databases...
> Is it possible to install slapd in a unique independant directory, so
> that it does not conflicts with the clean package installation for
> example ? Then I just have to run slapd specifying the port to listen
> to, and maybe the alternate config file.

Why not? Every time you run 'make test' (which you probably don't ;)
that happens. I used to run a test server on another port (you either
have to do that or run the server on another IP/virtual host) and it
worked fine. You give the config files to the daemons in the startup
script, and in the files you specify the location for the DB..

My other notebook, a Compaq 700EA, is what my cats jump off my knee and
go and sit on, when they've had enough.

mail: tonye@billy.demon.nl