Re: Also, Re: What is err=52?

That depends on how you start the daemon. The uri in slapd.conf is
extraneous - i.e. it doesn't do anything, is there for something else
(the ldap database definition).

That's what I'm using the uri for, (it's within the backend ldap defintion section). I start the daemon with: slapd -h 'ldap:/// ldaps:/// ldapi:///'

My own RedHat (one long line):

daemon ${slapd} -u ldap -h '"ldap:/// ldaps:/// ldapi://%2Fusr%2Flocal%2Fvar%2Fslapd%2Fldapi/????x-mod=0777"' $OPTIONS $SLAPD_OPTIONS

Remember what Dieter told you? Are you going to listen?

? What about the path? I apparantly don't need it, it works perfectly fine without. Running slapd with ldapi:/// creates the pipe at /local/ldap/var/run/ldapi

Then if I use ldapi:/// from any command line command, it works fine. Obviously it's finding it on it's own. (in fact I can truss it and see it find the proper path) So what I'm getting at is, setting the path didn't change a thing. (and in fact, I did try it)

Daniel

--
\ \\\      Daniel Henninger           http://www.vorpalcloud.org/        /// /