[Date Prev][Date Next]
SLAPD denial of connections under load
- To: "Open LDAP Software List \(E-mail\)" <openldap-software@OpenLDAP.org>
- Subject: SLAPD denial of connections under load
- From: "James Courtney" <Jcourtney@inphonic.com>
- Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2004 20:43:54 -0400
- Content-class: urn:content-classes:message
- Thread-index: AcR///XVryZ8wtiTQWe+/K3NbLuBdgABWTcw
- Thread-topic: More OpenLDAP questions
Better as it's own thread...
Our other problem is that under high load from the mail server we see that Maildrop claims it cannot connect to the LDAP server. They are on the same system and Maildrop connects to localhost rather than going out over the network and back. Maildrop's ldap_simple_bind_s is returning 81 (0x51) which is defined as the constant LDAP_SERVER_DOWN. The server has been up for 24 hours now and is generally responsive though so this is confusing. Under what conditions would slapd not accept a network connection? Threads + backlog exceeded?
Thank you all again for your time and wisdom.