Re: ldapmodify command question...

--On Tuesday, August 10, 2004 9:01 PM -0400 John Von Essen <john@essenz.com> wrote:

Looking at man page, I think I will have to run two instances of
ldapmodify. If infile.ldif is my starting ldif file, I can run:

ldapmodify -D "cn=..." -w XXX -S noexist.ldif -x -r -f infile.ldif

The -r will cause existing entries to be overwritten (which I want), the
-S will cause errors to be written to noexist.ldif and skipped. In my
case, the errors would be entries where the dn does not exist in ldap.
So, after the above, just run:

ldapmodify -D "..." -w XXX -x -a -f noexist.ldif

That effectively does what I want to achieve, right?!

Sounds like it, except I would use ldapadd for the entries that don't exist at the end. :)

--Quanah

-- Quanah Gibson-Mount Principal Software Developer ITSS/Shared Services Stanford University GnuPG Public Key: http://www.stanford.edu/~quanah/pgp.html