Re: ldapmodify command question...

--On Tuesday, August 10, 2004 8:28 PM -0400 John Von Essen <john@essenz.com> wrote:

Is it possible to do the following:

I have a couple hundred DN's in an ldif file that look like:

dn: uid=bob,o=domain.com
uid: bob
mail: bob@domain.com
cn: Bob Jones

The question is some of the dn's in my ldif file are new and do not exist
in LDAP server (so I add them with -x -a -f). Some entries however, do
already exist in LDAP - but I want to get rid of what is currently in
LDAP and force the ADD of what is in the ldif file. The entry in ldif
might be identical to what is in LDAP, or it might be different - either
way, the data in the ldif file is superior.

I suggest a single pass first, finding what ones already exist. Delete them, then use ldapadd to add the entire file.

--Quanah

--
Quanah Gibson-Mount
Principal Software Developer