RE: Building 2.2.15 Berkeley issue

>I re-ran it lots of times, looking for what I assumed was
>a typo in my path... But it refused to work.

>The only thing that I found in the config.log file was a lot of these:

>"cc: unrecognized option `-R/usr/local/BerkeleyDB.4.2/lib'"

>I guess maybe I've broken something on my system....

>After I set the LD_LIBRARY_PATH variable, then it compiled fine.
>(Although I still got a lot of instances of the above error message in the
config.log file)

Just as an FYI - i did the same thing with the LD_LIBRARY_PATH to fix an
issue i had on Solaris, but it just causes probelms down the road.  Check
any of the links on this page out ->
Mainly the first link.

For me, i connect to multiple LDAP servers using php command line
scripts(which use the openldap libs), and each time i do this now, i have
to make sure this variable is always set.