RE: Building 2.2.15 Berkeley issue

I re-ran it lots of times, looking for what I assumed was a typo in my path... But it refused to work.

The only thing that I found in the config.log file was a lot of these:

"cc: unrecognized option `-R/usr/local/BerkeleyDB.4.2/lib'"

I guess maybe I've broken something on my system....

After I set the LD_LIBRARY_PATH variable, then it compiled fine.  (Although I still got a lot of instances of the above error message in the config.log file)  I don't know what has changed - I have never had to set this variable in the past, nor do I have to set it on either of my Fedora Core 2 machines... But on this particular Redhat 9 machine, it seems that this is required.

I don't have a good understanding of how all of the different variables interact... I thought that when you set the LDFLAGS and CPPFLAGS setting the other flags at runtime became unnecessary.

I guess it doesn't really matter, since it works now, but it would be nice to know if the change is something goofy on my machine, (likely) or something that has been changed in openldap.

Dan