Re: 8 hours tests ends with inconsistent DB.

--On Saturday, June 12, 2004 9:33 PM -0700 Trevor Warren <trevorwarren@yahoo.com> wrote:

--- Quanah Gibson-Mount <quanah@stanford.edu> wrote:
> (a) Either make the data you are using available,
or a description of it
> available.  That has not been done.
[snip]

  We are just benchmarking openldap here. 2.2.12 and
DB with all the patches as suggested by you earlier
Quanah.

Trevor,

As I said, it is important to know what the data is. You are not benchmarking OL at all, as far as I can tell. Like I noted in another post, 50 million entries with 1 attribute is a lot different than 50 million entries with a large number of attributes.

> (b) Describe the configuration you are running
under.  Although this has
> been done in part, it has never been answered
fully, despite repeated
> requests.
[snip]

Gave it to you more than a couple of time.

No, you have not. It would be useful to have your entire slapd.conf file, as well as the DB_CONFIG file.

(c) Describe your access method
[snip]

  We hit the webserver with some prop testing tools
which i can't talk about. But in simple words. The
process is as follows:

 Testing Tool >> Apache-php >> Openldap
 VA USers

This answer shows that you have 0 knowledge about OpenLDAP access methods. I suggest you read up on things like "SASL", "anonymous binds", and "simple binds".

(d) Describe your query method, filters used, search
parameters, etc, etc,
etc
[snip]

  The read tests as i mentioned were acceptable and
just reads a simple cn,sn randomly from a million
records. Writes ofccourse consist of entire 200Byte
records. Its the writes/updates which on 8 hour tests
take the setup down.

It really isn't that simple. If you want help, which people are *trying* to provide, you have to give the requisite information.

--Quanah

--
Quanah Gibson-Mount
Principal Software Developer