Re: scaling openldap for performance

--- Howard Chu <hyc@symas.com> wrote:
> The BDB patch affects a locking issue, it usually
> results in making the
> server hang.
[snip]

 Never had a server hang till date in any of the
tests. Only seg faults. No core dumps.

> I have no idea what is causing your crashes. Perhaps
> you should use a
> debugger and get a trace from one of the crashes to
> see where it
> occurred.
[snip]

  Hmm....without a core dump where should i start
analysing howard?. What would ya suggest??.

> First, I would obtain the OpenLDAP 2.2.12
> release which has
> just been made available. There's no point in
> chasing down bugs in
> 2.2.11 that might already be fixed.
[snip]

 Very true. Will have that downloaded tomorrow and
revert back to ya with results of the tests.

Trevor

> --
>    -- Howard Chu

=====
|  \) /    Scaling FLOSS in the Enterprise   \ (/ |
|_|_  \        trevorwarren@yahoo.com        / _|_|