Re: scaling openldap for performance

Trevor Warren wrote:

Hello Howard,

 Thanks for the pointers.

Will have these patches applied to DB and re-run the
tests.

 Do you think the seg faults/crashes would be mainly
due to issues with BDB???. Any other reasons??. Note:
These segfaults are during write tests for 20+ users
on a DB consisting of 1Lakh+ records.

The BDB patch affects a locking issue, it usually results in making the server hang.

I have no idea what is causing your crashes. Perhaps you should use a debugger and get a trace from one of the crashes to see where it occurred. First, I would obtain the OpenLDAP 2.2.12 release which has just been made available. There's no point in chasing down bugs in 2.2.11 that might already be fixed.

--
  -- Howard Chu