Re: Populate a new ldap tree: ldap_add: No such object

Quanah Gibson-Mount wrote:

What version of OpenLDAP?

v2.0.27

Why are you using LDBM as the backend?

Because it was the default backend when I first started using openldap a couple of years ago. What backend should I be using?

Why are you using ldapadd to populate the database and not slapadd?

I was not aware that I had to.

I eventually got to the bottom of the problem: I had commented out the updateref on the slave, but I had left the updatedn there. Even though I was using the root DN of the server to add the users, my attempt was rejected.

Is it possible to be more specific about why the attempt to write was rejected on the logfiles?

Regards,
Graham