[Date Prev][Date Next]
Populate a new ldap tree: ldap_add: No such object
- To: openldap-software@OpenLDAP.org
- Subject: Populate a new ldap tree: ldap_add: No such object
- From: Graham Leggett <email@example.com>
- Date: Sat, 15 May 2004 21:16:52 +0200
- User-agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.4.2) Gecko/20040301
I am banging my head against a new LDAP slave server install that
refuses to cooperate with me, and I'm hampered further by the vagueness
of the error message: ldap_add: No such object
I have a slapd configured like so:
rootdn "cn=Directory Administrator,o=XXX,c=ZA"
I intend to populate this clean server with the ldif file from the
master LDAP server, but ldapmodify refuses to cooperate, giving the
following error for the root object:
[root@samantha openldap]# ldapmodify -x -D "cn=Directory
Administrator,o=XXX,c=ZA" -w yyyy
description: The XXX Company
adding new entry "o=XXX,c=ZA"
ldap_add: No such object
ldif_record() = 32
I have checked the syslog for errors (with it configured to log
absolutely everything), but it just mirrors the error message "No such
Can anyone explain to me what openldap is trying to tell me?
Which object is it referring to when it says "no such object?".