RE: multiple attribute search with single return slowness

--On Tuesday, April 27, 2004 3:28 PM +0900 Blomberg David <dblomber@Libertec.com> wrote:

I read and put in the cachesize as it was missing but saw no speed up, so
I re-read the man page again and noticed a second "dbcachesize" I set
these under the database portion of the slapd.conf and my speed went up
by 2500% (I am not kidding I do 500 message lookups now in what I could
only do 20 messages in the same amount of time before)  I have seen it in
the man page a ton of times but I was trusting Red Hat to stick to the
defaults (stupid me-this is the 4th major problem I have had on Red Hat
ES 3.0)  Anyway thank You for the help its perfect now.

Don't trust RedHat do do anything. ;)

dbcachesize is a ldbm specific command, and is similar to having things set up correctly for the DB_CONFIG file in bdb. As noted previously, ldbm is generally considered to be deprecated, so you probably want to investigate using a more modern database backend (and more modern version of openldap than Redhat ships with).

--Quanah

--
Quanah Gibson-Mount
Principal Software Developer