Re: Road Map : improved scalability - how to proceed ?

On the subject of scalability:  I'm kind of surprised by this, but I'm the only
OpenLDAP user I know who likes to run lots and lots of replicas.

I prefer to put a replica on every server, just like I put a DNS slave on every
server... and just like with DNS, queries into the service are restricted to
the loopback address (I probably should be using ldapi: instead of loopback but
I haven't created time to experiment with that yet).

Master servers only exist to feed replicas, be backed up, and to provide a
single place for updates to be entered.

I will be happy to provide feedback on how many replicas I'm successfully
running at any given point, but if somebody (with the resources) can figure out
how to test a truly enormous number of replicas (say, several thousand or
hundred thousand) it might reveal some interesting limits to OpenLDAP's
scalability.

Just a thought.  No need to attach any importance to my maunderings.

--Charlie