Re: Replication

On Thu, Apr 08, 2004 at 03:37:40AM -0700, Howard Chu wrote:
> The --enable-multimaster switch has been disabled in the configure script for
> quite a long time. Specifying it on the configure command accomplishes
> nothing, which is why portable.h doesn't get it enabled. Since the feature is
> unsupported and its use is discouraged, you're expected to know what you're
> doing if you want to enable it. Knowing how to enable it is the first step in
> "knowing what you're doing." Editing portable.h by hand is not the right way.

why is it discouraged?  I think it can be useful in  order to let update
the  tree from  more  server. Think  for example  when  you've got  more
distribuited replicated servers  connected with vpns and  the links fail
when you need to modify the data in the tree...

Is  there  a better  way  of  solving  the  problem, without  using  the
multimaster feature?

--
Non c'è più forza nella normalità, c'è solo monotonia.