Re: your mail

--On Wednesday, April 07, 2004 3:58 PM -0400 Stephen Frost <sfrost@snowman.net> wrote:

* Chris McClimans (openldap-software@mcclimans.net) wrote:
Who is the author of the gnu-tls patch for openldap? Stephen, should we
(debian users) funnel through you for communication to him?

The original author was Steve Langasek but I've made a number of changes to the patch. Bugs w/ the Debian package should be filed in the BTS. Chances are I'll be the one handling them but it helps track them and handle them when they're filed in the BTS.

Has anyone else found a way to downgrade/modify what we currently have
in testing/sarge to work with the released code we have out there?

I've committed changes to the OpenLDAP Debian SVN tree which should fix the gnutls10 problems. I'd be interested in hearing more people testing them, the (unofficial) packages are available here: http://colo.snowman.net/~sfrost/openldap2/ Version 2.1.26-2. We were waiting for some more testing of the packages before uploading them to the archive.

Wasn't 2.1.26 a fairly broken release? I'd advocate applying them to 2.1.29 and putting that into Debian, since that is what is currently marked stable.

--Quanah

-- Quanah Gibson-Mount Principal Software Developer ITSS/TSS/Computing Systems ITSS/TSS/Infrastructure Operations Stanford University GnuPG Public Key: http://www.stanford.edu/~quanah/pgp.html