Re: slapd mem usage and lockup

--On Thursday, April 01, 2004 10:11 AM -0600 Digant Kasundra <digant@uta.edu> wrote:

Hello everyone,

I'm running OpenLDAP 2.2.8, compiled against the latest Heimdal,
Cyrus-SASL, BerkeleyDB and OpenSSL.  Yesterday, I run a script that added
45,000 entries and it ran just fine and afterwards, the master and the
slaves were still responding just fine.  Afterwards, the machines sat
idle all night.

This morning, the master is running fine and only showing minimal memory
usage, but the two slaves are unresponsive and the machine seems to have
only 6K of free memory (and the slapd processes are taking 15% of the
memory).  Keeping in mind that these are only clunky test boxes with 768M
of RAM, I'm still curious as to if I should be concernedl  I certainly
don't want this behaviour on my live machines when we deploy.

Right now, in slapd.conf, I have checkpoint 1025 5, and cachesize 50.
What else can I toy with to keep memory in check or what else should I
investigate?

How is your DB_CONFIG configured? If you are using BDB as your backend you really *must* have a DB_CONFIG file.

--Quanah

--
Quanah Gibson-Mount
Principal Software Developer