LDBM verse BDM

Is there a convincing reason to go use a dbm backend instead of ldbm?

It seems that the ldbm backend is much easier to setup.

I’m running OpenLDAP version 2.1.25 on Redhat Enterprise 3 and plan on supporting about 30k-50k users with about 6-9 indices.

With the ldbm backend, does anyone have any good equations to determine the “cachesize” and “dbcachesize” settings?

I have only 512 MB of memory but plan on ramping that up to 2 to 4 GB.

Thanks in advance!

This message and any attachments are confidential. Unauthorized use
or disclosure of this message is strictly prohibited, and this message
must be destroyed immediately if received by an unauthorized recipient.