[Date Prev][Date Next] [Chronological] [Thread] [Top]

slapd mem usage and lockup

Hello everyone,

I'm running OpenLDAP 2.2.8, compiled against the latest Heimdal, Cyrus-SASL,
BerkeleyDB and OpenSSL.  Yesterday, I run a script that added 45,000 entries
and it ran just fine and afterwards, the master and the slaves were still
responding just fine.  Afterwards, the machines sat idle all night.

This morning, the master is running fine and only showing minimal memory
usage, but the two slaves are unresponsive and the machine seems to have
only 6K of free memory (and the slapd processes are taking 15% of the
memory).  Keeping in mind that these are only clunky test boxes with 768M of
RAM, I'm still curious as to if I should be concernedl  I certainly don't
want this behaviour on my live machines when we deploy.  

Right now, in slapd.conf, I have checkpoint 1025 5, and cachesize 50.  What
else can I toy with to keep memory in check or what else should I

-- DK