Re: work with openLDAP

My openldap howto is pretty much focused on building it and getting it to
work but if you look at the ldif sample files you will see how to add
users to organization units (ou) and groups, even some samba stuff.

If you want to put info from a NIS domain into ldap then you should look
at the PADL Migration Tools.

Another good thing is the smbldap-tools which has support to add accounts
for both unix and samba into your openldap server.

The way to add users, groups and in general any entry to your ldap server
is by means of using the ldapadd command and ldif files.

Here is a link to my howto where you can find the sample ldif files

http://www.math.gatech.edu/~dijuremo/ldap/

Diego