Re: ldapadd err

Hi,

MS <opensrc_eng@yahoo.co.in> writes:

> Hello all,
>
> I use ldap v3 in my system.
>
> I read RFC 2589 Extensions for Dynamic Directory Services is supported by Lightweight
> Directory Access Protocol (v3).
>
> But when I tried to add the following ldif entries
>
> :p>
>
> dn: cn=John,ou=Accounts,dc=it,dc=com
>
> cn: John
>
> uid: john
>
> ou:Accounts
>
> objectClass: top
>
> objectClass: person
>
> objectClass: organizationalPerson
>
> objectClass: inetOrgPerson
>
> objectClass: dynamicObject
>
> facsimileTelephoneNumber: +1 313 764 5140
>
> mail: john@it.com
>
> sn: shs
>
> userPassword: shs
>
> entryTtl: 500

> I got
>
> ldap_add: Undefined attribute type (17)
>         additional info: entryTtl: attribute type undefined

> Although the attribute 'entryTtl' is listed in schema_prep.c,itz not having the object
> and attribute definitions in any of my schema files.
>
> Where I went wrong??/.I also want to know the actual need (the mandatory attributes) for
> each objectClass like top,person...,.If any one would help me with some documents/links
> it'll be real help to me.

I ran into the same question the other day.
The dynamicObject Class and entryTtl attribute are only loaded if
OpenLDAP version is declared as development version, I'm experimenting
with cvs HEAD on this subject.
The entryTtl attribute is an operational attribute which is set by
slapd. The syntax of this attribute (in schema_prep.c) is clearly
defined as

SYNTAX 1.3.6.1.4.1.1466.115.121.1.12 NO-USER-MODIFICATION "
                        "USAGE dSAOperation )",

Please read rfc2589 carefully, in particular on client requests. I
must admit AFAIK there is no client application yet and no client
schema with an attribute of requestTtl.

-Dieter
--
Dieter Kluenter  | Systemberatung