Re: slapd.conf cachesize only for ldbm?

On Mon, 16 Feb 2004, Micah Anderson wrote:

[snip]

> I must not understand something here,

Correct, but that's OK.

> if I have slapd.conf configured:
> database    bdb
>
> and am using sleepycat's Berkeley DB, then I am using back-bdb,
> correct?

Not necessarily. It depends on your version of OpenLDAP, which, on
searching the archives for your messages, I find was originally 2.0.X,
which does not support back-bdb.

> If so, then my question is, is back-bdb a LDBM?

back-bdb is written to use Berkeley DB. back-ldbm may or may not use
Berkeley DB, depending on how OpenLDAP was configured and built.

You need to read these FAQ articles about the differences between the
different back ends in general, and between back-bdb and back-ldbm
in particular.

--
Kirk Turner-Rustin
Information Systems