RE: Problem with ldapsearch

Thanks for your reply Howard.

As you suggested, I looked at my config.log file, but
I'm still not too sure how to solve my problem
though...Do you have any suggestions ?

Anyway, I've tried to configure the server without the
sasl and tsl/ssl...like this:
$ ./configure --enable-debug, --without-cyrus-sasl
--without-kerberos --without-tls --enable-crypt
--enable-passwd --enable-wrappers --enable-ldbm

but I still encountered the same problem with
ldapsearch...

Do you have any suggestion on how to configure
properly? In most books and website, it is written
that ./configure (without having to specify each
option) will work just fine since it will
automatically detect the appropriate settings.
However, in my case, it will complain about mismatch
version of SASL

This is the extraction of my
/tests/db-test/master.log:
daemon_init: 1 listener opened
slapd_init: initiated server
slap_sasl_init: SASL version mismatch, got 201000a,
wanted 2010011

That's why I chose to specify the options and set the
environment explicitly...

As a newbie, I really appreciate your help,
Lara

=====