[Date Prev][Date Next] [Chronological] [Thread] [Top]

problem with sets in 2.2.5 (not in 2.1.25)

Hash: SHA1


I experieced trouble switching (also called 'upgrading') from 2.1.25 (stable) 
to 2.2.5 (release).

In 2.1.25 the use of 'set' in ACL seems well supported, please note my article 
in the Faq-O-Matig about that.

When I switched to 2.2.5, this feature didn't seem to work anymore.

So, I switched back, and it worked again. And back to 2.2.5, and they didn't 
work anymore.

Has something changed in 2.2.5 regarding sets in ACL's ?


Some other experiences I had:

a. 2.2.5 uses new schema's that are incompatible with 2.1.25 and vice versa. I 
am only using core.schema, cosine.schema and nis.schema. Of course the new 
schema's are in the distribution.

b. (OT) qmail.schema needs to be patched to work with 2.2.5. However, that new 
schema is compatible with 2.1.25. You can find the patch in the archives of 
the qmail-ldap list at www.qmail-ldap.org

c. I am now using BDB 4.2.52 with the two patches applied. I use the 
non-strong-crypto version. When I switch to 2.2.5, I can't use my existing 
database anymore. db_recover doesn't help. I deleted the database and build 
it from scratch, through the interface I am now building (qwido, as you all 
know by now). That worked fine up to a certain level where I use ACL 'set' to 
achieve something.
When I switched back to 2.1.25, apart from restoring the 2.1.25 schema's, also 
the database didn't work anymore. I repeated the procedure, which is, I 
chucked the database, started building it from scracth throug the interface, 
and of course now 'untill the end' since sets where working again.
When I switched back to 2.2.5, again the same database problem.

Of course I can reproduce this and send logfiles, if that is needed.


- -- 
Ace Suares' Internet Consultancy
NIEUW ADRES: Postbus 2599, 4800 CN Breda
telefoon: 06-244 33 608
fax en voicemail: 0848-707 705
website: http://www.suares.nl * http://www.qwikzite.nl
Version: GnuPG v1.2.2-rc1-SuSE (GNU/Linux)