not owned by ldap

Has anyone had this issue with the version of openldap-2.1.25?
On startup or restart of ldap I'm getting this database ownership error.
I'm running Fedora Core 1 fully updated.  The openldap server appears stable
and can I add, edit, and view entries with no apparent problems.

Stopping slapd:                                            [  OK  ]
/var/lib/ldap/id2entry.bdb is not owned by "ldap"          [WARNING]
/var/lib/ldap/dn2id.bdb is not owned by "ldap"             [WARNING]
/var/lib/ldap/objectClass.bdb is not owned by "ldap"       [WARNING]
/var/lib/ldap/cn.bdb is not owned by "ldap"                [WARNING]
/var/lib/ldap/uid.bdb is not owned by "ldap"               [WARNING]
Starting slapd:                                            [  OK  ]

It's coming from this part of the init script:

function start() {
# Check for simple-but-common errors.
user=ldap
ldapuid=`id -u $user`
# Unaccessible database files.
for dbdir in `grep ^directory /etc/openldap/slapd.conf | sed s,^directory,,` ; do
for file in `find ${dbdir}/ -not -uid $ldapuid -and -name "*.dbb" -or -name "*.gdbm" -or -name "*.bdb"` ; do
echo -n $"$file is not owned by \"$user\"" ; warning ; echo
done

Sincerely,
Dave Hughes
dave@networkinghq.net