Re: Ldappasswd command executing very slowly

tir, 03.02.2004 kl. 18.37 skrev Michael Sims:

> I'm in the process of upgrading our live mail server from Red Hat Linux 7.2
> to Red Hat Enterprise Linux 2.1.

Michael, RHEL3 is the latest RH Enterprise Server release - September
2003. Why would you want to upgrade *from* a version that doesn't
support an awful lot of things any longer *to* a version that doesn't
support an awful lot of things any longer?

>   I'm using OpenLDAP server (installed from
> Red Hat's "openldap-servers-2.0.27-2.7.3" RPM) and nss_ldap/pam_ldap to
> authenticate users via my LDAP database.  I noticed on my RHEL test machine
> that password changes were taking longer than usual.

Consider as far as Openldap's concerned, keeping up to date on what is
happening on *this* forum, not RedHat's is paramount (see Quanah's
reply). Don't get me wrong: RedHat ES3 is a winner - but ES2 is dead'n
gone.

*Could* possibly be of interest that on this RHEL3 machine I'm running
self-compiled kernel 2.6.2-rc3. Yes, there is a reason for that,
irrelevant to this list. The first scheduled RHEL3 kernel 2.6 release is
for Jan. 2005. And the point with that again is, that RedHat is slow to
catch up - unless you adopt the latest Fedora stuff. Which I would never
do.

O.k., summary:

OS/distro: RedHat RHEL3
System: 2.6.2-rc3, ACPI
Openldap: 2.2.5
Berkeley: 4.2.52 w/patch
Cyrus SASL 2.1.15 (2.1.17 only few choose generally to acclaim)

If you were to repeat your findings after upgrading as above, at least I
could say something meaningful.

--Tonni

--

mail: billy - at - billy.demon.nl