Re: Purely LDAP-based Automounts

Hello!

> But, there is no reason for autofs to mount any "real" mount points when
> you restart autofs, they should only be mounted (and thus you will see the
> ldap searches from autofs in the logs) when accessed.

I now, just how autofs always works. But when i try to access the directory,
it isn't there, as if i would have set it up with auto.master and, for instance,
auto.home.

When trying to set automount to "files ldap" in nsswitch.conf and adding the
line "/home ldap:193.171.81.222:ou=auto.home,o=ait,c=com" autofs creates
the directory "/home", but it doesn't automount "test" within this dir when
trying to access via cd.

No ldap searches in the syslog...

LDAP itself works, user authentication ok.

Thanks.

MfG,
Michael Lackner
--
Montanuniversität Leoben
Institut für angewandte Mathematik und Geometrie