BDB-4.2.52 bug (Was Initial 2.2.4 exploration results)

--On Wednesday, January 07, 2004 4:07 PM -0800 Quanah Gibson-Mount <quanah@stanford.edu> wrote:

I've also had one case under syncRepl that changes made to the master
didn't end up in the master's DB when the replica had been attached, then
de-attached, and the BDB ended up being corrupted, causing me to have to
run db_recover before the master would work again, and having to re-add
the changes.

This is due to a bug in BDB 4.2.52. All users of BDB-4.2.52 should apply the following patch:

<http://www.sleepycat.com/update/4.2.52/patch.4.2.52.html>

(Thanks Howard for finding this!)

I've verified that applying this patch removes this deadlock situation.

--Quanah

--
Quanah Gibson-Mount
Principal Software Developer