Re: it says that I need to copy the databes to the replica

You need to copy the contents of the openldap-data directory (or whatever
you've called it), all the files, to the openldap-data directory of the
Shut down the master slapd before you copy the files.

Alan Sparks, UNIX/Linux Systems Administrator    <asparks@doublesparks.net>