Re: OS for LDAP

Quanah Gibson-Mount wrote:

--On Monday, December 29, 2003 2:25 PM -0500 Asif Iqbal <iqbala@qwestip.net> wrote:

On Mon, 29 Dec 2003, Tibbetts, Ric wrote:

Date: Mon, 29 Dec 2003 13:52:44 -0500
From: "Tibbetts, Ric" <ric.tibbetts@ngc.com>
To: Y.Ozan <yildirayo@rrenterprises.on.ca>
Cc: openldap-software@OpenLDAP.org
Subject: Re: OS for LDAP

Just my .02, but we're using Solaris 9.
I uninstalled the Sun One Directory Manager, and laid OpenLDAP on it.

Whats the easiest way to uninstall Sun LDAP ? Is there a package ?

I would just turn off the Sun ldap startup scripts in the /etc/rc* directories.

I did that initially, but ran into problems with programs using the wrong libs to build on, and the wrong set of utilities.
I know, I could have tweaked the paths to correct that, but it was (in my mind), easier, and cleaner to just get rid of the problem completely, and uninstall the unwanted version.

As to performance issues: I don't have a Solaris 8 system to test on, so I have no comparison.

-Ric