Re: OS for LDAP

--On Monday, December 29, 2003 2:25 PM -0500 Asif Iqbal <iqbala@qwestip.net> wrote:

On Mon, 29 Dec 2003, Tibbetts, Ric wrote:

Date: Mon, 29 Dec 2003 13:52:44 -0500
From: "Tibbetts, Ric" <ric.tibbetts@ngc.com>
To: Y.Ozan <yildirayo@rrenterprises.on.ca>
Cc: openldap-software@OpenLDAP.org
Subject: Re: OS for LDAP

Just my .02, but we're using Solaris 9.
I uninstalled the Sun One Directory Manager, and laid OpenLDAP on it.

Whats the easiest way to uninstall Sun LDAP ? Is there a package ?

I would just turn off the Sun ldap startup scripts in the /etc/rc* directories.

As for Solaris 9, I found issues with the way it does threads vs. Solaris 8 (There were major changes in threading behavior between the two releases) and the performance I got back in OpenLDAP. Granted, that testing was quite some time ago, and I've not retested on recent releases of Solaris 9, so it may have improved since then.

--Quanah

-- Quanah Gibson-Mount Principal Software Developer ITSS/TSS/Computing Systems ITSS/TSS/Infrastructure Operations Stanford University GnuPG Public Key: http://www.stanford.edu/~quanah/pgp.html