Need help in Replicated Directory Service feature

I was checking the OpenLdap especially for the Directory Shadowing feature (Replicated Directory Service). But I could not find more relevant details what I am looking for. Can you please provide me details on:

1. Will this replication works between two different OpenLdap installs via intranet and internet ?.
2. Is OpenLdap supports Replicated Directory Service at the subtree level ?. That means, from a subtree root in the MASTER to another subtree root in the SLAVE ?.
3. Apart from OpenLdap what else is required to achieve this ?.
4. Where are the implementation documents available ?

I am currently able to install OpenLdap as a stand alone Directory Server, which works fine as a generic LDAP server. I am planning to move further into the other Openldap functionalities, that is why analysing this Replicated Directory Service feature. Can anyone please help me with resources to implement the Replicated Directory Service feature in OpenLdap ?.
Thanks,
Joseph Xaviour.