Re: Need help in Replicated Directory Service feature

> I was checking the OpenLdap especially for the Directory Shadowing
> feature (Replicated Directory Service). But I could not find more
> relevant details what I am looking for. Can you please provide me
> details on:
>
> 1. Will this replication works between two different OpenLdap installs
> via intranet and internet ?. 2. Is OpenLdap supports Replicated
> Directory Service at the subtree level ?. That means, from a subtree
> root in the MASTER to another subtree root in the SLAVE ?. 3. Apart from
> OpenLdap what else is required to achieve this ?.
> 4. Where are the implementation documents available ?
>
> I am currently able to install OpenLdap as a stand alone Directory
> Server, which works fine as a generic LDAP server. I am planning to move
> further into the other Openldap functionalities, that is why analysing
> this Replicated Directory Service feature. Can anyone please help me
> with resources to implement the Replicated Directory Service feature in
> OpenLdap ?.

What about RTMF?  OpenLDAP software supports replication
since UMich's via the standalone deamon slurpd, with subtree
and partial replication from somewhere in version 2.1;
2.2 replaces slurpd with SyncRepl, which allows an
unparalleled replication granularity.

p.

--
Pierangelo Masarati