Re: Looking for proven version

Helo! My configuration:
Openldap-2.1.22, qmail-ldap, POP3, webmail, about 1k users.
how many concurent user?
in my site concurent user up to 150 because their mail client are are
auto checking every 5 min or less, using pop/imap over ssl and smtp
auth over ssl too.

The mail and LDAP system on different box (Debian Woody).

I'm willing to try another distribution or older version of RH/OL if
required...

LDAP: 128 MB RAM, P III 500 MHz
mail: 256 MB RAM, P III 500 MHz

There are no performance problems.
But the most important: run the LDAP server on different machine.

I never try this before, i'll give it a try when i think its a good solutions. May i know the reason? afaik using local ldap will be faster.

I have never used the "one box" solution on production servers. But I read it on qmail-ldap mailing list. Some of them has more then 100k users without performance problems.

And tipically this application requires not fast CPU, but fast I/O operation (RAM, SCSI disk).