Re: openLDAP limits directory entries to 500 !!!

--On Wednesday, September 17, 2003 9:42 AM +0000 Thierno Cissé <thierno.cisse@sentoo.sn> wrote:

Hi all,
I am ready installing openLDAP 2.x , and I want to migrate system
accounts
present in /etc/passwd file. Using the tool migrate_passwd.pl, I
successfully
generate the ldif file which include all the users accounts.
Then I go for load it with ldapadd, it runs well until the first 500
entries and it stops.

Since the number of 500 entries is reached, any other entry fails to be
append in the directory
both with ldapadd command line and with PHP script.

Someone know what we goes wrong ?
Any ideas would be appreciated .
Regards

Thierno 6C.

Thierno,

Just to note, with 2.1.x, I suggest using slapadd rather than ldapadd. You may wish to read up on the procedure for using it.

--Quanah

--
Quanah Gibson-Mount
Principal Software Developer