Re: 'Implementation specific error' error

Dieter Kluenter <dieter@dkluenter.de> 61 lines of wisdom included:
> Hi,
>
> Philip Reynolds <philip.reynolds@rfc-networks.ie> writes:
>
> > Initially my thoughts were towards permissions, and intro(2) on my
> > system seems to suggest EAUTH is for authentication against NFS
> > (although there's every possibility some other library is throwing
> > it).
> >
> > Has anyone seen this before? Can anyone shed any more light on
> > what's happening, perhaps. Running ldapadd with -v doesn't help me
> > much more.
>
> You can have a look at ldap errors in ldap.h
> The hex value of 80 is 0x50, the error is
>
> #define LDAP_OTHER         0x50
>
> so your error is unspecified. I know this information is not of great
> help to you, but you can be shure it is not an authentication problem
> and you can exclude any error listed in ldap.h.

I think I have magic fingers tonight or something, but it seems to
be working perfectly at the moment, coincidentally, after a reboot.
That would lead me to believe that something was not shutdown the
first time. Unfortunately it's a little late to start analyzing the
problem now that it's gone, but thanks for the help.
--
Philip Reynolds                      | RFC Networks Ltd.
philip.reynolds@rfc-networks.ie      | +353 (0)1 8832063