[Date Prev][Date Next]
ldap_search_ext_s: Sizelimit exceeded
- To: <openldap-software@OpenLDAP.org>
- Subject: ldap_search_ext_s: Sizelimit exceeded
- From: <Kent_Wu@trendmicro.com>
- Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2003 14:47:50 -0700
- Content-class: urn:content-classes:message
- Thread-index: AcN5d4MmKY0tyTG4S6u77Itm+YNnsA==
- Thread-topic: ldap_search_ext_s: Sizelimit exceeded
I ran into some problems by using SUN LDAP SDK 5.6 but I think I might be able to get some feedback or comments from this news group.
I was using ldap_search_ext_s() to pull out user info from Microsoft Active Directory, however when I specify the filter like "(objectClass=user)", it would pop up an error message "ldap_search_ext_s: Sizelimit exceeded" even though actually I passed LDAP_NO_LIMIT to the sizelimit argument; I even use
ldap_set_option(ld, LDAP_OPT_SIZELIMIT , &size) however it's still not working. I checked the document and it did warn us that "Note that the LDAP server may already have time and size constraints set up that you cannot override.". My question is however if I use "ldapsearch" tool with the same filter then actually I can see the correct results without this kind of size limitation, I'm wondering there might be some trick to make it work programatically. Can anybody help me on this?