Re: Is it possible append directory from ms outlook express ?

On Thu, 2003-08-21 at 09:40, Andrius Vilciauskas wrote:
> Or any easy way to move contacts from outlook to openldap .
> Thanks

I managed to get several moved over by writing a Perl script to handle
Outlook's quirkiness. If you would like to try it, your welcome at:

 ftp://webtent.org/pub/software/internet/ldap/outlook2ldif.pl

The first thing is to export your contacts as CSV, but Outlook wants to
put all the fields in quotes, not just those that need it. So, open the
CSV in Excel and save as CSV again, this seems to remove the quotes from
fields that do not contain commas. This is needed for my script to pick
up on things. It sees that quotes and does certain things to handle the
extra commas found in certain values. I had no luck with CSV parsers, so
I wrote this.

Then just change the variables at the top of the script for your LDAP
server and see the bottom of the script for the way things are mapped
in. Note the objectclass's that are used, like evolutionPerson, you may
need to remove and adjust or be sure you have the schema loaded. I have
used this script to import many contacts list from Outlook, let me know
if you have any luck. Of course, this script builds and LDIF file to be
used for importing to the LDAP server.

--
Robert