Re: replication issues

jawed abbasi said:
> Hello
>  My replication has not yet started working.
> if I modify anything on my slave server, following is command I issued
> and error I got.
>
> [root@pcNavYkfSupp1 sbin]# ldapmodify  -x -h 204.138.154.42 -D
> "cn=Manager,dc=navtechinc,dc=com" -w secret   -f admmod modifying entry
> "uid=adm,ou=ykfPeople,dc=navtechinc,dc=com"
> ldap_modify: Referral
> ldif_record() = 10

Not sure what you're doing here... if you try to modify anything on the
slave bound as a DN not listed as the "updatedn", you should get a
referral to the master server.  All updates are to happen on the master.

ldapmodify and friends do not follow referrals by default, and do not
rebind on referrals either due to security concerns.
-Alan

Alan Sparks, UNIX/Linux Systems Administrator    <asparks@doublesparks.net>