[Date Prev][Date Next]
Re: SHA1 password in LDIF files
- To: jawed abbasi <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: Re: SHA1 password in LDIF files
- From: tsg <email@example.com>
- Date: Sun, 17 Aug 2003 17:00:33 +0200
- Cc: openldap-software@OpenLDAP.org
- Content-disposition: inline
- In-reply-to: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Organization: bugalux
- References: <email@example.com>
- User-agent: KMail/1.5.3
With ldappassword you can set user password to existing directory, but I need
to create passwords for users before directory set up and then, populate it.
CRYPTED_PASSWD=`/usr/sbin/slappasswd -s $PASSWD`
This clause works fine for superuser password in slapd.conf, but when I try to
use it for normal users in LDIF format, it does not work and I can't
16 Август 2003 17:49, Вы написали:
> this is the one I have been asking ?
> YOu can created ldif file, but how to generate hashed password?
> Basically if you do ldappasswd -h you wil get usage and options.
> usage: ldappasswd [options] [user]
> I guess thats how you generate user passwords.
> But Can you imagine doing that for 1000 users, if you are not migrating
> /etc/passwd files
> tsg <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> Does enybody know how to create userPassword clause in LDIF file?
> Thank You in advance!
> Do you Yahoo!?
> Yahoo! SiteBuilder - Free, easy-to-use web site design software