Re: info attribute type

Robert Fitzpatrick wrote:

I am converting contacts to LDAP and have some info for each contact. I
am using the following schemas:

include         /etc/openldap/schema/core.schema
include         /etc/openldap/schema/cosine.schema
include         /etc/openldap/schema/inetorgperson.schema
include         /etc/openldap/schema/nis.schema
include         /etc/openldap/schema/redhat/rfc822-MailMember.schema
include         /etc/openldap/schema/redhat/autofs.schema
include         /etc/openldap/schema/redhat/kerberosobject.schema

Browsing the attributes using GQ, I can see an info attribute, but the
list of 'Used in objectclasses' for this attribute is empty. Does anyone
know a way to use this info attribute or another alternative for lengthy
notes?

'less' or 'more' cosine.schema. Note the remark on avoiding it, if possible and entering info into more pertinent attributes. You could also read rfc1274 - but the information on that would seem no longer to apply to the info attribute. Quite another thing is, that you are dependent on your client recognizing/including this attribute. F.ex. Evolution doesn't (has its own - "note" - with the same syntax), nor does Mozilla seem to.

Best,

Tony

--
Tony Earnshaw

Looking backwards is always easy with hindsight

http://www.billy.demon.nl
Mail: tonni@billy.demon.nl