Compatibility of database files between different versions of OpenLDAP

Hi,

Is there any documentation of what versions of OpenLDAP are compatible with
each other in regards to database files (let's assume I'm always going to
run BerkeleyDB 4.1.25)? In essence, I want to know how much flexibility I
have in running different versions of slapd/slurpd with any given set of
database files.

If that's too broad a question to answer, then how about the more immediate
case for me:
I have a database created with OpenLDAP 2.1.17 over BerkeleyDB 4.1.25.
I would like to upgrade OpenLDAP to 2.1.22 (using the same BerkeleyDB). Will
I need to do anything extra to be able to run the new slapd/slurpd with the
old database files?

I'm hoping that someone will reply with some authority, "as long as you're
using the same version of BerkeleyDB, any versions of OpenLDAP since version
x.x.xx will play nice with those files," but realize that is probably overly
optimistic.

Thanks.
--
Jeff
// Diplomacy is the art of saying 'nice doggy'