[Date Prev][Date Next]
defining an LDAP schema for address books and PIMs
- To: openldap-software@OpenLDAP.org
- Subject: defining an LDAP schema for address books and PIMs
- From: Edward Buck <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2003 12:31:22 -0700
- User-agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.0; en-US; rv:1.0.2) Gecko/20030208 Netscape/7.02
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
I'm new to the list so bear with me. :-)
I was wondering if there's an effort (working group of some sort) to
define and/or promote a standard LDAP schema that meets the unique
requirements of PIMs and groupware servers.
It's sort of assumed these days when using LDAP that many address
book/contact manager attributes just don't work or require custom schema
support on both the server and the client. A standard address book
schema that everyone agreed on would eliminate/mitigate these problems.
~ See the mozillaOrgPerson schema as an example of what's needed by
address book/PIM software.
We're working on ldap support in Openoffice.org and we're wondering if
there's any sort of consensus in this area. If there is no such working
group, is there interest in creating one?
GPG Key at http://www.apatchy.com/ebuck.gpg
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.2.2 (MingW32)
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----