RE: Resources/Documentation for Redhat 9 and LDAP Auth

Good day,

> Are there any resources out there for assisting in the deployment of
> OpenLDAP using the Redhat based packages?
>
> I have found several howtos on LDAP in general and some
> integration, but
> a lot of them spend time on compilation and less on the configuration
> specifically.
>
> Terrence

There are a number of resouces available for deploying openldap on any
platform.  Using Red Hat's packages are really no different, other than some
directory locations will be slightly different (for example, the
configuration information will be in /etc/openldap ).  I would start with
the manuals right on the openldap.org web site, which are stuffed with
information on configuring the server.

As has been pointed out, you might be better off obtaining a newer RPM,
however.  Try getting their latest Rawhide package, which is 2.1.22 .

Darren Gamble
Planner, Regional Services
Shaw Cablesystems GP
630 - 3rd Avenue SW