question on updatedn

Hi, I am trying to setup replication. Here is my config:

Master slapd.conf:

replica host=10.0.0.129:1390
  suffix="dc=host2,dc=tkodog,dc=no-ip,dc=com"
  binddn="cn=root2"
  bindmethod=simple credentials=root
Slave slapd.conf:

database        ldbm
suffix          ""
rootdn          cn=root
rootpw          root
updatedn        cn=root2
updateref       ldap://10.0.0.129:390
Now, I have a client app written myself using libldap, I use ldap_set_rebind_proc function such that when I sent a ADD/Modify request to my slave LDAP ( both master and slave are runing on same host but on port 390 and 1390 respectively ), it will trigger a ldap referal to ldap://10.0.0.129:390. The request finally reaches at my master LDAP server and processed accordingly. However, slurpd failed to replicate the data back to the Slave, it failed:

Error: ldap_simple_bind_s for 10.0.0.129:1390 failed: Invalid credentials
I believe this is something to do with the password? How can I setup the password for the updatedn in the Slave slapd.conf file?

Best regards,

- Joe