Re: dn: attribute type undefined

On Sun, 2003-08-10 at 13:27, Tony Earnshaw wrote:
> Robert Fitzpatrick wrote:
>
> > I am new to LDAP and would like to start by just converting my contacts
> > into an LDAP directory. My problem is with just trying the simple
> > OpenLDAP.org test, which returns the following:
> >
> > # ldapadd -x -D "cn=Manager,dc=webtent,dc=org" -W -f ldaptest.ldif
> > Enter LDAP Password:
> > adding new entry "dc=example,dc=com"
> > ldap_add: Undefined attribute type
> >         additional info: dn: attribute type undefined
>
> Ermmm ...
>
> 1: You do not give your software version;
> 2: You have told your DIT (system) that you will be using:
>
>  > suffix          "dc=example,dc=com"
>  > rootdn          "cn=Manager,dc=example,dc=com"
>
> as base. Now you tell it to use dc=webtent,dc=org as base.
>
> It is confused. You have lied to it. It doesn't like you. Make up your
> mind :-)
>
> *ALWAYS* give your software versions. If you do not, I for one shall
> ignore you in all future postings
>
> Tony

Sorry, I actually looked it up and everything, but forgot to post with
the message (BTW RedHat 7.3/OpenLDAP 2.0.27) :\

The differences in the domain information was also a bit overlooked, I
actually copied the result of ldapadd from another console and attempted
to edit it for matching what I had tried.

Thanks to Peter off line for providing the solution, I was *not* leaving
a blank line in my ldif file.

--
Robert