aliases in a openldap dir ?

Hi !

I heard that OpenLDAP supports Aliases - so now  I have som questions :-)

* What are aliases in a ldap-dir - are that pointers to a certain object ?

* What happens if a object, to which a alias is pointing to, is deleted ?

* Is there a possibility to remove such a alias automatically with the object ?

* Can you gice me a example-ldif for creating such a alias ?

* Is such a alias automatically resolved to the object, if i get this alias as a search-result ?

* Where can I get the answers for my questions in detail ?

Best regards

Marc Schoechlin

--

Gruss / Best regards  |  LF.net GmbH        |  fon +49 711 90074-413
Marc Schoechlin       |  Ruppmannstr. 27    |  fax +49 711 90074-33