Re: dn: attribute type undefined

Robert Fitzpatrick wrote:

I am new to LDAP and would like to start by just converting my contacts
into an LDAP directory. My problem is with just trying the simple
OpenLDAP.org test, which returns the following:

# ldapadd -x -D "cn=Manager,dc=webtent,dc=org" -W -f ldaptest.ldif
Enter LDAP Password:
adding new entry "dc=example,dc=com"
ldap_add: Undefined attribute type
        additional info: dn: attribute type undefined

Ermmm ...

1: You do not give your software version;
2: You have told your DIT (system) that you will be using:

> suffix          "dc=example,dc=com"
> rootdn          "cn=Manager,dc=example,dc=com"

as base. Now you tell it to use dc=webtent,dc=org as base.

It is confused. You have lied to it. It doesn't like you. Make up your mind :-)

*ALWAYS* give your software versions. If you do not, I for one shall ignore you in all future postings

Tony

--
Tony Earnshaw

Looking backwards is always easy with hindsight

http://www.billy.demon.nl
Mail: tonni@billy.demon.nl